22 April 2006

parents never lie

Garrett lost another tooth! It was his first upper front tooth. I've been joking with him, saying that he has 'summer teeth'. Some are there and some are not. He doesn't always appreciate the depth of my hilariousness.


We put the tooth in a 'fancy velvet pouch' (a freebie I got with some fake pearls) to hide under his pillow & off to sleep he goes. I realize I don't have any dollar bills - just a roll of quarters - my laundry money. I count out $3.00 in quarters (the lower front teeth were worth $2.00 each but I figure that upper front teeth have to be worth more). I swap out the tooth for the money & replace the velvet pouch under the pillow. When I woke up the next morning Garrett was in my bed. He has learned that if he wakes me up when he tries to come into my room, he'll get sent back to his bed. He has honed his sneaky skills and is now quite stealth on his middle of the night missions. I woke him up and asked him if the tooth fairy came. He sleepily said 'no' then got this 'ah ha' look on his face & reached under his pillow (he brings his pillow on his stealth missions to my room) & brought out the velvet pouch. I thought it was so funny that he brought the pouch along on his mission, but didn't wake up enough to want to peak inside in the middle of the night. He made three piles of four quarters & told me he got three dollars! Later he found a stray quarter so now he thinks the tooth fairy brought him $3.25, but really, he got three bucks even.


So while he was getting dressed for school & I was brushing my teeth, Garrett was telling me how his friends at school were saying that the Tooth Fairy & Santa weren't real. I rinsed & spit, then asked him what he thought of that. He said "Mom, I told my friends that there was NO way your parents would lie to you. That is why the Tooth Fairy and Santa have to be real".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home