03 April 2006

dodger blue turns hospital scrub green


I made some cookies in honor of the Dodgers home opener & ran out of blue food coloring while making the frosting. Shifted my efforts to a turquoise color, instead ended up with a "scrubs" green. The pukey green color did not affect the taste though. My cream cheese frosting has been perfected after a few tries.

Confessional: I went & saw the movie "Stoned" about former Rolling Stones member Brian Jones (RIP). I liked it okay. Though I really could have done without the White Stripes song in the middle of the flick. I mean the movie took place in the sixties! (I know - White Stripes were covering a song from the era but still - couldn't they just play the original?). And am I the only one who is tired of the everywhere you turn White Stripes? But back to my confessional: Movie ends, credits start rolling & the man a few rows in front of me decides to stand for all of the credits. I know I am a bit of a weirdo - wanting to watch/read the credits - but c'mon, this is Los Angeles - a lot of folks read the credits. I didn't want to make a scene in the theater so I just sat there seething. When I left the theater, 'stand up during credits man' held the door for me. I should have let it go - traded my anger at his being inconsiderate & accepted his chivalry. I should have. I didn't. Instead I said something like 'it was very inconsiderate of you to stand up during the end credits'. Which made 'block my view guy' a wee bit defensive. He countered with 'you could have moved over a few seats'. Followed by me saying that "I shouldn't have to". Our conversation ended on Santa Monica Blvd. with us both not so nicely telling eachother to 'have a nice night'! So here's the deal... I feel bad for speaking up. I mean, it was inconsiderate of him, but I dunno; it isn't my job to help this fellow become a better person. I mean, I have a seven year old kid. And it is my job to help my son be a considerate person. I didn't flip out or scream at 'block my view guy'. Things remained calm, but still. Perhaps biting my tongue would have been better.

New news: I am flying to Indiana next month to see George Jones again. After missing out so narrowly on seeing Buck Owens again last week, I figured I'd better get going to see George Jones again. OH $^%#! Look what a friend just emailed me:

Jones Hospitalized in Nashville
Fri. March 31.2006 11:12 AM EST

George Jones was hospitalized on Thursday afternoon (March 30) at Baptist Hospital in Nashville for pneumonia. He is resting comfortably and is expected to make a full recovery, and his doctors wanted to take all necessary precautions, according to a statement from his publicist. The singer's weekend performances scheduled for Albany, Ga, Panama City, Fla., and Chattanooga, Tenn., are being rescheduled.



Thinking about George Jones reminds me of this Johnny Cash interview. Mr. Cash was asked who his favorite country singer was & he answered 'You mean besides George Jones'? Genius!

Sending good thoughts to Mr. Jones. Good, healing, speedy recovery, thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home