28 June 2006

amy sedaris didn't even lift her dress...


I saw Strangers with Candy - The Movie the other night. I quite enjoyed myself as did the rest of the audience. I laughed a lot - I thought the translation from cable TV to movie was great - of course with Stephen Colbert, Paul Dinello & Amy Sedaris - how could it NOT be funny?
My friend got some schmancy tickets with the amazing bonus of Amy Sedaris showing up for a Q & A. And, the bonus had a bonus as Paul Dinello was there as well! Holy holy - what a treat! Of course there was the usual lame audience questions - but it was fun to hear Ms. Sedaris address these crazy people. At one point she actually asked a woman 'How many drinks have you had?'. The AFI hostess who conducted the Q & A, was obviously pregnant. Ms. Sedaris asked her 'Are you keeping the baby?'. It was the first thing she said when the Q & A began. BA! So all in all the evening was a terrific amount of fun - my only real disappointment (look, I expected people to ask lame questions so that was no surprise) was that Ms. Amy Sedaris sat very ladylike in her directors chair. When I've seen her on Late Night, she usually lifts her skirt a bit as she settles & re-settles in her seat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home